2017/03/02

Blast From The Past

Amazing thing tonight at my Home Group. There was a new member who came last week and again tonight. He isn't new as in "newcomer", just new to our small group. 

I remembered him from l-o-n-g ago, probably going on to 20+ years now. He was a "voice" way back then, and it appears that he still is today. This fellow has an opinion on how groups, if not the Fellowship as a whole, should run. HIS way.

Well, I was going to get into some of the particulars of what this lad wanted us to do as a group to change the city's view of where our meeting is. But, I won't. (even tho' it'd be just oh-so much FUN to do so!) I think it best to say that the title of Robb's Place says it all - - go look, if you forget.

Another amazing thing was this wonderful two year old who was sitting next to me during the sharing. I was trying to keep him amused using my iPoop and a drawing app. Another member was sharing right across from us and he suddenly stopped everything to stare and, what looked like, listen. 

Absolutely enamored with what this member was saying. He ignored my pad, the keytag I showed him, a toy car... nothing doing. It just reminded me, again, of the power that someone sharing what their recovery can do. This tyke probably didn't understand a word, but realized that whatever those words were, they were Important !!

Which is why I love going to meetings, even when I hate going to meetings. Invariably, someone is going to say something that will resonate with me. What that member said tonight did, and (it appeared) with a two year old son of another member. A-fucking amazing!!

Keep The Faith*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. If only to let me know that someone reads this tripe...