2017/09/15

BUY ME!!!

I've been fighting against an FB ad that has been popping up on my feed for a while now. It deals with an HD TV antenna. The 1st was called "TV Scout", the 2nd "TV Fox", & the 3rd "ClearView HDTV". All are basically the same antenna. AND, all the lead in ad pages are the same, just different product names.

I did a video review of the TVScout a while back (https://youtu.be/d_c9eH0GgjI) and just posted a 2nd one yesterday (https://youtu.be/zDo-y7Nprqs).

What truly irks me about the ads is the following claim:
"But how can you watch for free? The secret to that is a law that no cable company wants you to know about. It states that every cable company has to provide additionally to the normal signal an over-the-air signal. So in order to not break the law the cable companies distribute this signal but in a low frequency- so almost no antennas were able to pick it up reliably. Until now - with TvFox you are able to access all your channels in crystal clear 1080 HD in the city and country side."
Such utter & complete BS!! Cable companies have no control of "over the air" (OTA) broadcast signals. This antenna will only get you local channels that are broadcast OTA. IF you are lucky.

As such, when these ads appear in my timeline (not as a side ad), I saturate the comments with links to my video review. If only to save folks the frustration of buying these floppy pieces of plastic. Well, kinda sorta. I also enjoy the notoriety of being negative and getting to see my gorgeous face on YouTube. Stay tuned! Greybeard will be coming soon to a YT channel near you! 

Keep The Faith*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. If only to let me know that someone reads this tripe...