2019/10/09

A Step in the Right Direction

 I am going to get my official Ontario Photo ID within the next 4 to 6 weeks! I will also get my new health card somewhere in that time frame, also. I will now have legal photo ID!! In Ontario, at least!

The absolute amazing part of the whole thing was making the application for both cards. The OHIP (health) card allowed the Certificate of Birth Abroad I have as a valid proof of who I was, am. The Ontario Photo ID rules & regs do not.
 ❓❓❓❓   
Really? I told the fellow behind the counter that if he refuses me the photo ID due to a lack of proof of who I am, he will then issue me a new health card, with a picture of yours truly, based upon the very same documents I was going to use for the photo ID. Really?

I got him to bring a supervisor over to explain to me the reasoning behind this utter stupidity. He did. The super said, "That's our rules." Two different branches of the Ontario government, administered in this one office, are so blinded by bureaucracy as to not see the insanity of the situation, which I stated out loud.

The super looked at me, at the other fellow, and said, "Give him both. He's right."
😲
I'm right? I. Am. Right??!!
Well, hot dang! They took two pictures of me, both of which were exactly the same, because they were going into separate databases and couldn't share. Silly databases! Someone should speak with their parents!

And, blahblahblah, I have leaped (if not bounded!) over the first hurdle in finally proving that I am REAL!! Next in my sights is the federal government and their passport division. Maybe this Ontario photo ID will get them to pop their collective heads out of their asses and give me a passport!

Keep The Faith*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. If only to let me know that someone reads this tripe...