2020/03/18

The End of Days

No, no, not really. I'm just poking fun at the doomsdayers out in web land. Yes, I am talking about the coronavirus pandemic, COVID19.

Almost all local meetings have been put on hold for the next few weeks, mostly thru the city closing their facilities. Meetings held in churches and the like have closed, also.

I find it to be a major knee-jerk reaction by higher up powers. To shut everything down, tell people to avoid outside contact, isolate, Isolate ISOLATE! Silly people. It is like they don't realize that even tho' folks may not come into contact with each other for the next, what? -- 4 to 6 weeks, that virus is still going to be out there when quarantine ends.

Me, I'd rather contract the bug, see if I survive and then move on. This virus has been equated to a flu virus. We all know how society handles that, with (yay) vaccines each year to maybe kinda sorta help people. Meaning, from my viewpoint, COVID19 will always be with us, but in mutated forms. To steal from most computer programs and apps, we'll have a COVID19.1 and a COVID19.6, etc.

I'm in a higher bracket for complications in this thing. Complications meaning death, being 60+ years old and being a Type 1 diabetic. Thus, even if I get thru this round, I'm still kinda frelled.

I suppose I'm somewhat blessed in one aspect. I am already a superb and experienced isolationist, so being separated from humanity won't be a big thing with this ol' boy. My only concern is getting my day-to-day necessities like food, toiletries, etc. Store stocks are being decimated by panic shopping. Maybe I could use all that hunt & trap knowledge I have gleaned thru Youtube and go out to harvest my own protein stuffs. Glazed rabbit? 🐇 Cajun fried squirrel? Baked squab? Frog's legs Florentine? 🐸

Anyhoo, I have my wunnerful kitty, Ricky, to keep me company and drive me nuts, so... All Is Good!!

Keep The Faith*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. If only to let me know that someone reads this tripe...