2017/12/04

Once Upon A Time...

I was asked years back if I would be the "designated" driver for my dad and my aunt to go visit family in Northern Minnesota, The Iron Range. I figured, sure, why not!?

So. Off I went to Passport Canada to get that Canadian ID so coveted by spies and nasty people. Being that I was born outside of this [great] country called Canuckistan, I brought all the identification that had done me well in the 50+ years that I have resided here.

US birth certificate issued by the great Commonwealth of Virginia, Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad officially produced by The Department of Citizenship and Immigration under the Canadian Citizenship Act (1958) which duly registers me as a "Canadian Citizen pursuant to the Canadian Citizenship Act and Regulations", and my Ontario driver's licence held and maintained by yours truly for the preceding 25 years.

All of the above kept me in good standing whilst voting, paying taxes, getting jobs (including the Canada Revenue Agency in Collections), and being an all-around good citizen. We will not investigate the shenanigans I got into during my active using daze...
But, the Birth as a Broad, no wait... Birth Abroad thingy was a copy and, by gosh, Passport Canuckistan wanted the Original!! Original? What original?? This is what got me thru evrything I needed, including the vaunted CRA, for crying out loud!

OK. I decide to go to Service Ontario to get an Enhanced Driver's Licence, on the same day and with the same documentation that so faithfully served me thru the years. Wait, no wait. Seems the lady behind the desk doesn't know what that Registration of... is. But, wait again! Someone else pipes up, "I've seen that before! It's OK!" and voila! I have my enhanced DL!!!

Fast forward a few years to today. I have the original Registration now since my dad produced it out of the blue one day. I have to get a Province of Ontario Photo Card because I need to be placed as a signatory on a bank account. 

No problem! Service Ontario accepted all my bits & pieces that proved I am who I am (which, btw, is NOT Popeye!) and now I have the original, well, yadda yadda...!!

{{{Sigh}}} No. It appears that the oft-maligned Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad, issued in 1958 by the Canadian Government of the day, is NOT in their list of acceptable documents to prove that I am who I am. Never mind the fact that it was OK less than 10 years ago, under the same frelling Lieberal gov't of today, no. They say that if I go get my passport... to which I told the nice lady behind the desk that the "passport office would probably refuse me as being who I am (and have been for over 55 freaking years in this god-forsaken country) and would probably refuse me just as nicely as you have! Thank you." ← that is as close to verbatim as I could get. I shall ignore the other more choice words I wanted to say.

Here I sit. Feeling unwanted in Canuckistan. Persona non grata. Utterly frustrated and VERY resentful towards government of all levels. When government issued documents are not accepted by a lower level of government, even tho' that same lower level gleefully accepted them in the past, well.

>>>swear words approaching!!<<<<


Fuck it. I refuse to bow down to the willy-nilly powers that be and do their bidding. Fuck it. If I need to produce a piece of gold-plated paper just to put my signature on a bank account, nuh-uh. Fuck it. Fuck the Canadian Government (Lieberals all). Fuck the Ontario Government (Fiberals all). And I won't get into the municipal government headed by an absolute dyed-in-the-wool Lie-Fib-Liberal.

Fuck It.
oh, and Keep The Faith*

2 comments:

  1. Fast forward almost 2 years and Voila! I have the sought after ON ID card! A bit of a slog to get it, but... well, I got it!!
    And you can read about the "slog I went thru here:
    http://blogg.robbsplace.net/2019/10/i-am-going-to-getmy-official-ontario.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly Blogger! You'll have to copy & Paste the link I gave because, yeah, you know!!!

      Delete

Tell me what you think. If only to let me know that someone reads this tripe...