2020/05/10

The Covid19 Shutdown

I just read an op-ed piece in the Toronto Sun from 2 May. It was written by Anthony Furey. He talks about the mass closing of society - businesses, city parks, elective surgeries, and the like. And, he is pushing for the so called re-opening of business.

One paragraph jumped out at me as it is the one thing that I have been pushing about for weeks.
"This whole mess stopped being solely a public health issue weeks ago and is now a whole-of-society issue. The reopening is a collective decision and everybody’s voice matters. Speak up. Demand to be heard."

Government is killing our economy by the drastic measure of shuttering companies and small business. People are direct danger of losing their jobs, livelihoods, homes... their sanity! The damage has been done. Even if we could go back  --today!--  to the way things were before this lock down, it will take years to dig ourselves out from the hole we find ourselves in right now.

I am not afraid of this virus. If it gets me, it gets me. My concern is for the greater populace and its ability to rally upward. The longer our society stays shuttered, the exponentially longer time it will take to achieve stability.


Speak up! Demand to be heard!!

Keep The Faith*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. If only to let me know that someone reads this tripe...